Please read these conditions carefully before using the Bricklayers R Us website. By using the Bricklayers R Us website, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions:
- The following definitions apply:
“Client” means the company, firm or organisation which has set up an account with Bricklayers R Us in order to use the Services.
“Commencement Date” means the date for the commencement of the Services as set out in the Order Confirmation.
“Order Confirmation” means the confirmation of purchase on the Website of one or more of the Services
“Pricing Model(s)” means the pricing models offered by Bricklayers R Us as set out in clause 3.
“Bricklayers R Us” means bricklayersrus.co.uk and is a trading name of Ellan (NW) Ltd, a limited company.
“Services” means the online recruitment services as set out in clause 2.
“Terms” means these terms and conditions.
“Website” means bricklayersrus.co.uk and includes without limitation its content, databases, software, code and graphics.
- The following Service is available from Bricklayers R Us, via the Website:
Premium Job Postings: A service whereby the Client’s job postings will be given greater prominence in job listings than those indexed for free.
- The following Pricing Models are available in relation to the Service offered:
Ads by Volume: (i) the Client will buy the agreed number of job postings as set out in the Order Confirmation; (ii) the agreed pricing and payment method will be set out in the Order Confirmation, (iii) all job postings must be posted within 12 months of date of purchase (unless otherwise set out in the Order Confirmation).
Ads On Demand: (i) no minimum commitment is required from the Client, (ii) an unlimited number of jobs may be posted with a maximum of 500 live jobs at any one time (unless otherwise set out in the Order Confirmation), (iii) the Client will be charged for every job posted in accordance with the pricing matrix set out in the Order Confirmation.
- Bricklayers R Us shall provide the Service in accordance with these Terms. Clients must set up an account with Bricklayers R Us in order to gain access to the Service. The Service does not constitute an offer by Bricklayers R Us, and Bricklayers R Us reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to refuse to offer the Service to any person or organisation.
- A legally binding contract between Bricklayers R Us and the Client comprising these Terms and the Order Confirmation will come into effect when the screen confirming successful purchase of Services appears on the Website.
- Bricklayers R Us shall perform the Service using information and criteria supplied by the Client. It is the Client’s responsibility to provide accurate and up to date information
- The Client undertakes not to submit for inclusion in any job posting, or anything to appear on the Website, any material which is illegal, defamatory, offensive, fraudulent, violent, discriminatory, obscene or sexually explicit or which may adversely affect Bricklayers R Us or Bricklayers R Us’ reputation
- Online payment services will be carried out by Global Payments. Online card payments shall be subject to Global Payments Terms & Conditions.
- Once a contract has been formed, Bricklayers R Us cannot accept any cancellation of the agreed Service: No refunds will be given, and any outstanding invoices shall remain payable.
- Bricklayers R Us may, in its sole and absolute discretion, add to, modify or discontinue any of the Services from time to time. However, this will not affect any Order Confirmation agreed prior to any change or withdrawal of the relevant Service.
- Bricklayers R Us reserves the right to change the fees and/or these Terms from time to time, provided that no change shall be retrospective.
- Without prejudice to any other remedy, Bricklayers R Us may terminate the Client’s account and any or all contracts and Services with immediate effect in the event of material or persistent breach of these Terms by the Client.
- Bricklayers R Us reserves the right to close any account immediately without liability if, in its opinion, any of the following has occurred:
- the Client has not provided full or accurate contact or company information;
- Bricklayers R Us considers the Client is acting inappropriately or illegally;
- the Client is using the Website to advertise websites, services, businesses and/or business opportunities (unless the business is an agreed franchise system opportunity) in any part of the job vacancy or on any part of the site;
- the Client resells job postings without the express permission of Bricklayers R Us.
- The Client agrees to use the Website and the Services in ‘good faith’ i.e. to post authentic, impartial and unique jobs of reasonable quality, which provide both adequate and accurate job details. The Client also agrees that any abuse of the Services, Website or these Terms can result in the Client’s access to the Services being removed, and its account terminated.
- All intellectual property rights connected with the Services and/or the Website shall remain vested in Bricklayers R Us or any third party from whom such rights are licensed. The Client shall not reproduce, copy, modify, adapt, publish, transmit, distribute or in any way commercially exploit any material which is subject to any such intellectual property rights.
- Bricklayers R Us cannot guarantee that (i) the Website and/or the Service will be available at all times; (ii) the Website will be free from errors, viruses and/or other harmful applications; and (iii) the Service will generate any applications, responses or results. For the avoidance of doubt, no advertisement/service offered is guaranteed to result in a placement.
- For the sake of clarity and the avoidance of doubt, the Client acknowledges that it is acting as a data controller for the purpose of current data protection legislation in connection with any personal data it obtains in the provision of the Service by Bricklayers R Us. It is the Client’s responsibility to comply with its obligations as a data controller and to satisfy themselves of the legal grounds for processing any personal data.
- Bricklayers R Us acknowledges that it will act as a data controller for the purposes of current data protection legislation and that it will comply with its legal obligations in the provision of the Service.
- Bricklayers R Us shall not be in breach of these Terms if events beyond its reasonable control prevent Bricklayers R Us from performing the Service.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to protect their computers against any viruses and malware.
- These Terms and, where appropriate, the Order Confirmation contain the entire agreement and understanding between Bricklayers R Us and the Client. The Client acknowledges that it has not relied on any representation made by Bricklayers R Us in entering this contract, however, nothing in this clause shall exclude any liability for fraudulent misrepresentation. To the fullest extent permitted by law, all terms implied by law or statute are excluded.
- In the event that the Client makes a claim against Bricklayers R Us for whatever reason, Bricklayers R Us’ liability (if any) shall not exceed the price paid or to be paid by the Client for the Service. Under no circumstances shall Bricklayers R Us be liable for any consequential, indirect or special losses howsoever arising or for any loss of profits, revenue, interest, goodwill, business and/or savings (whether direct or indirect). Nothing in these Terms shall be construed to exclude Bricklayers R Us’ liability for death or personal injury by negligence or any other liability which cannot by law be excluded.
- If any clause or part of a clause is held to be invalid or unenforceable, this will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining clauses or parts.
- Notices to Bricklayers R Us shall be sent by email to email@example.com and notices to the Client shall be sent by email to the address supplied on set up of the Client’s account.
- From time to time Bricklayers R Us will contact Clients in order to evaluate the service they receive and also to promote Bricklayers R Us’ services and products. Bricklayers R Us monitors the quality of vacancies from time to time in order to provide a better service to candidates.
- The Client undertakes not to solicit, or endeavour to solicit, for employment or engagement with itself or any associated company or organisation, any employee of Bricklayers R Us. Breach of this clause shall be a material breach and will entitle Bricklayers R Us, without prejudice to any other remedies it may have, to terminate the Client’s account and Service immediately.
- The Client will not be entitled to bring any claim or legal proceedings in respect of any refund or other repayment, howsoever arising, 4 years after the date on which entitlement to such refund or repayment arose. For the avoidance of doubt, the Website terms and conditions apply in addition to the above Terms.
- The Client shall not resell any Service without the express written permission of Bricklayers R Us. Bricklayers R Us reserves the right to impose any restrictions it deems fit should it provide permission for the reselling of any of the Service.
- The Terms shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- By submitting a vacancy to the Website, the Client is authorising Bricklayers R Us to post such vacancy.
- The Client is responsible for the content of the vacancy and will indemnify Bricklayers R Us against any claim, loss, liability, expense and/or damage (“Losses”) in connection therewith.
- The Client shall include in the job description the following information:
- Any qualifications and/or authorisations required by law or any or by any relevant professional body:
- If the rate of pay is included, the job description must also include the nature of the work, the location, minimum experience, training and/or qualifications required in order for an applicant to receive such rate of pay; and/or
- Where the Client is an employment agency or employment business (as defined in the Employment Agencies Act 1973), it must state in which capacity it is acting in relation to the vacancy.
- The Client shall provide sufficient details about itself and the vacancy to applicants including without limitation the Client’s identity, the nature of its business, the nature of the role, the type of work to be performed, the commencement date, the likely duration, the hours of work, the location, the remuneration, the intervals of payment and benefits, and the notice periods required to be given and received.
- Due to the nature of the Service, the Client is likely to post direct contact information within applications to quickly elicit applicants. Posting direct contact information within the Service is entirely at the discretion of the Client. Under no circumstances shall Bricklayers R Us be responsible for any consequential, indirect or special losses resulting from nuisance, abusive, sales or other contact made through any medium posted by the Client.
- Applicants’ responses will be forwarded by Bricklayers R Us by e-mail subject to any filtering and ranking. The Client is responsible for verifying the information contained in applicants’ responses and Bricklayers R Us accepts no responsibility for the content of any such application. In particular, but without limitation, the Client is responsible for verifying the applicant’s identity, eligibility to work, experience, training, qualifications and authorisations required by the Client, by law or by any relevant professional body for the vacancy.
- All and any subsequent dealings between the Client and any applicant in connection with the applicant’s response to the job posting are the responsibility of the Client, and Bricklayers R Us accepts no liability whatsoever therewith. The Client will indemnify Bricklayers R Us against any Losses in connection therewith.
- The Client will comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation: current data protection legislation and the Equality Act 2010. By submitting a vacancy to the Website, the Client thereby confirms that the content of the vacancy complies with the Code of Practice on Employment provided by the Equality and Human Rights Commission, which is currently available at:
The Client shall indemnify Bricklayers R Us against any Losses in connection therewith.
- The Client, if an employment agency or an employment business, will comply with the provisions of the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Businesses Regulations 2003 (“the Regulations”) and the Employment Agencies Act 1973 in relation to all vacancies posted on Bricklayers R Us’ site, communications with applicants and management of applicants’ details. The Client shall indemnify Bricklayers R Us against any Losses in connection therewith.
- The Client accepts responsibility for any detriment which it may suffer or incur in respect of the engagement of an applicant and shall hold Bricklayers R us harmless against any Losses in connection therewith. The Client shall use all reasonable endeavours to ascertain that it will not be detrimental to the interests of the applicant it intends to engage (if any) to work for the Client in the vacancy posted.
- Bricklayers R Us reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to remove any vacancy at any time without reason. Examples of vacancies that may be removed include, but are not limited to:
- those that Bricklayers R Us considers illegal, inappropriate or fraudulent
- those that directly or indirectly require or ask for application or registration fees
- those that advertise, pyramid, network marketing or get-rich-quick schemes
- those that have been indiscriminately posted or duplicated across multiple sectors
Registered Office & Contact Address
Ellan (NW) Ltd T/A Bricklayers R Us
Unit B2 NJK House
Registered Number – 11768473
Registered in the UK